Watch your Tuesday folders for information each week. Please consider a sponsorship or a donation to this black tie optional gala. Coming attractions include portrait canvas purchase opportunities, the online catalog debut and T-shirt and ticket sales.Read More
Thank you to everyone who came out to our Auction kick-off events, Lucky's Pub and coffee at Travis. A special thanks goes to Travis parents, Sarah O'Neal and Jessica Taylor. Sarah accommodated our happy hour at Lucky's Pub and Jessica graciously donated coffee and pastries for the coffee meeting. Thank you!
If you couldn't make either meeting and would like to help, we still need you! Visit our page on VolunteerSpot to sign up! The following committees still need volunteers:
Portrait Canvases - Help on one (or both!) of two weekday mornings, Jan. 19 and Jan. 20, at Travis to take kids signed up for auction portrait canvases to and from class to their photo session.
Fundraising - Solicit donations for the silent auction and coordinate pick-up or delivery of items. This all can be done via email on your own time! This group will have a sub-committee to coordinate a new auction area, Kickstarter campaigns for "wish list" projects at Travis (please contact Karly Gibbs for more information).
T-shirts and Ticket Sales - Help with sales of T-shirts and tickets in the Travis foyer on school mornings/afternoons and at the January PTA Meeting.
Set-up at Winter Street - All hands needed to help set up and decorate Thursday and Friday before Auction.
Breakdown - All hands needed to break down tables and clean up the morning after Auction. Incentive will be provided!
Check-in - Greet Auction guests, assign bidder numbers and answer questions.
Check-out - Work the table at the end of the evening, take payments and distribute purchased/won items.
Class Projects - Work with room parents to obtain class projects for all classes from each grade level and set up at Auction. These projects are highly anticipated by parents and are huge sellers at the silent auction.
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Karly Gibbs, Auction Chair
Join us TONIGHT from 6-8 p.m. at Lucky's Pub in the Heights (2520 Houston Avenue) to kick off official auction planning.
There are many ways to help and several committees to choose from: food and beverage, T-shirts and ticket sales, auction portraits, set-up, breakdown, check-in, check-out, sign-up parties, class projects, bid sheet prep, fundraising, live auction/raise the paddle, posters/signs, Challenge 2016 and creative design. Please come find out what auction is all about and sign up to volunteer for a committee. I hope to see you there!
If you are not able to make it tonight, we will have a second meeting (with coffee!) this Friday, Nov. 13 at 8:15 a.m. in the Community Room.
-Karly Gibbs, Auction Chair
Like to party? Planning is underway for the 2015 Auction, and we need your donations of Sign-Up Parties and School Experiences!
Travis Families: If you want to host a party at your home or any other venue, let us know! Themes in past years have been anything from Frozen sing-alongs to beer-making classes to Hot Tub Time Machine parties. The theme can be any fun and creative idea you can think of! Have a special skill or talent? Host a party to share your knowledge and build community with other Travis families. You donate the party, and auction attendees will “sign up” to attend. The PTA raises money for our school, and everyone has a great time – it’s a win-win!
Teachers and Staff: We want to expand our School Experiences sign-up events! There are rumors of movie nights in the Travis garden and possible Travis Sleepovers. We can’t wait to hear more of your fun and creative ideas!
For more information or to donate a sign-up event, contact Emily Guyre or Jeana Teeter.
The Travis PTA is looking for businesses and families to be recognized as Travis: The Auction 2015 sponsors. The spring auction season is our most important fundraising effort. We have sponsorship opportunities to fit every budget, some of which have limited availability so please act quickly. Visit the new Shop Auction store to sign up online. To sponsor by check, please contact Mark Sternfels at email@example.com.
The Travis PTA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, and every donation is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
-Mark Sternfels, Auction Co-Chair
Travis: The Auction is set for March 7, 2015.Read More
Thank you to all our volunteers, donors, and guests for making Travis: The Auction a great party and successful fundraising season. We implemented a lot of changes this year and I’d like to briefly explain why and give you some results.
- Funds raised by the auction account for roughly 90% of the PTA’s budget. By fundraising over time rather than in one night we eliminated the impact unforeseen events could have on our bottom-line. We’re transitioning from a fundraiser dependent on attendance to one dependent on attention.
- Don’t misunderstand, the event itself will always be an important part of our fundraising strategy and it’s a vital part of the PTA’s continued interest in building relationships, both amongst parents and with Travis staff, to further our strong sense of community.
- Online fundraising, in its first year, accounted for more than 50% of our total revenue. Over 400 transactions (not items, transactions!) were processed through TravisAuction.com.
- As of today we’ve raised over $94,000. We realistically expect to close out the year above $96,000 (yes, there’s still money trickling in). This number is in addition to the funds raised by Travis Foundation from Raise the Paddle.
- Shifting to online sales reduced our setup time for the event from two full days to three hours. It also reduces our square footage requirements. The impact of this change on our volunteers, our team leaders, and list of potential venues going forward is huge.
- Our previously untapped network of friends and family raised $6,499.94 through Challenge 2014, the PTA’s online donation campaign introduced this year. Even though the Challenge only asked for $20.14, the average donation was above $50.
- We estimate 366 guests attended Travis: The Auction.
Planning for next year’s event is already underway and I sincerely hope you’ll consider becoming part of the team.