Travis is a wonderful school for many reasons, but one very important one is our volunteers. Whether you have time during the school day or outside of school hours there are many ways to get involved.
During School Hours:
- Reading and Math Partners volunteer one hour per week and assist individual children with their skill development.
- Garden and Science Lab Parents assist in the classroom supporting the teacher with these special hands-on learning opportunities on a regular (typically weekly) basis.
- Library Volunteers assist with shelving books among other day-to-day needs in the library.
- Hospitality Team Members help out with special functions for faculty and staff throughout the year including the new "Travis Treat Train" and appreciation luncheons.
Outside of School Hours:
- PTA Events and the Spirit Store are great ways to help out periodically during the year. PTA events include World Culture Night, STEM Night, Family Movie Night, Fine Arts Night, Dinner in the Garden, and more. During these events, volunteers help with set up/clean up, concessions and other logistics and the Spirit Store is run by volunteers who set up and return the cart and items and assist customers with purchases.
- Auction Team and Carnival Team help with Travis's two fundraising events which provide additional resources directly to our teachers and students.
And don't forget, all volunteers have to be RAPTOR (formerly known as VIPS) cleared every school year. If you haven't renewed your clearance or are new to Travis, click here to start the process.