Come take your taste buds around the world at our next PTA Meeting is on Thursday, April 24 at 6 p.m. in the library. Following the meeting will be Travis’ Healthy Living Night: International Food Festival. The festival will run from 6:15 – 7:30 p.m. in the multipurpose room and here’s how you can take part:
- Bring an authentic, homemade dish from your family's heirloom recipe collection and share it!
- All parents and students are invited to sample prepared dishes from around the world- Potluck Style!
- Judging for Best Spiced Dish, Most Colorful Dish & Most Creative Dish! Students can win prizes!
- Collect a Passport to Good Health and step in the Smilebooth to get your free 'passport photo!'
Hogg Middle School Razorback Band will provide us with live music!
The following will have a table at this event:
- HISD Food Services
- Heights of Health
- Education Francais Greater Houston
- Urgent Care for Kids
- Vitamin Shoppe
- Mighty Sweet Pies
- Seed2Plate Co-op
- Las Delicias Mexicanas
There will be a book signing with local Author, Shubhra Bamineni, whose books Healthy Indian Vegetarian Cooking and Entice with Spice teach how to bring spice into your kitchen and healthy happiness to your taste buds. Pre-order your copies at her website or call 713-524-2999. Limited copies will be available at the event.
For questions pertaining to this event or to volunteer, contact event organizer Christina Cicack through this form (no one wants their email address out on display).